BES Staff / Teacher Profile:
Learn more about Mr. Dominic Parrotta
• Position: Second Grade Teacher
• Started at Beaumont: 2007
• Other Current BES Roles: Member of the Technology Committee, Math Standing Committee, and the Coding Committee; Teacher of 2nd & 3rd Grade After-School Sports, Lego Club, and Coding Club; Co-Communication Coordinator with Miss Baker (3rd Grade); and according to the sign above his desk, “ The World’s Best Teacher”.
• Former BES Roles or at other schools/companies: Previous member of Curriculum Council, Social Studies Standing Committee, TEEA school representative, and renowned Bingo caller. Spent some time as a preschool teacher and assistant director at Chesterbrook Academy.
• Favorite BES Spirit Day:
It’s a tie: Pink Day & Favorite Book Character Day
• 3 Adjectives that Best Describe Him:
Funny, Creative, Loving
• Favorite Hobbies: Watching movies (especially those involving superheroes), reading, playing video games, writing, being outside, technology, and playing with his boys
• Favorite Place to Visit: Walt Disney World
• Fun Facts (2016): 2003 graduate of Penn State University; aspiring author of children’s books; has a collection of over 100 PEZ, can say the alphabet backwards rather quickly; and is fluent in English ;) Mr. Parrotta’s wife is a nurse and enjoys spending time her two boys, Ethan (3) and Liam (1). She especially enjoys going to the zoo and teaching her boys horseback riding.
• Best thing about being a Teacher: Knowing that we’re making a difference. It’s wonderful knowing that someday these kids will become influential adults that change the world and that we, as teachers, played a small role in getting them there. That’s both empowering and comforting.