BES Staff / Teacher Profile:
Learn more about Mrs. Bernadette Kearns
• Position: Fourth Grade Teacher
• Started at Beaumont: 1995
• Other Current BES Roles: BES representative for TESD Writing Committee; Reading Olympics Club Leader
• Former BES Roles:
Student Teacher for Mrs. Capriola in 1994 (Note: She was Miss Fackler then); Technology Aide; 2nd Grade Teacher for 5 years; 3rd Grade Teacher for 5 years; served on many different district committees over the years
• Favorite BES Spirit Day: Pink Day; loved dressing up in 1980s clothes for Beaumont’s 50th Anniversary since that’s when she was in elementary school
• 3 Adjectives that Best Describe Her: Busy, Curious, Helpful
• Favorite Hobbies: Reading, hiking, watching college basketball, going out to dinner
• Favorite Place to Visit: Ocean City, NJ; Bar Harbor, ME
• Fun Facts (2016): Husband's name is John; has 3 sons, Owen (13), Aidan (11) and Finley (8); has a younger sister who looks a lot like her and lives in the same town; people think they are twins and get them confused all the time; she and her husband won front row tickets to see the musical Hamilton in April by lottery and found out just 4 hours before the show so they had to get from PA to NY quickly; it was one of the most exciting surprises and the best musical she had ever seen!
• Best thing about being a Teacher: Getting to share her love of books with kids; the best parts of her day are reading aloud to her class and recommending books for them to read.