Notes from the School Nurses
• All immunizations need to be up to date at the start of school.
• A doctor’s order must be written for each new school year for a student to receive prescription medication. Over the counter medication that is not included in our district standing orders requires a doctor’s order each new school year.
• All medications to be given at school must be:
a. Dropped off by parent/guardian, and
b. In original pharmacy container with a label indicating child’s name, physician name, drug, dose, directions for administration, date.
• Inhalers and epi pens are considered emergency medications. Therefore students may carry these medications with them if a physician’s request form is on file in the nurse’s office.
• Dental exams. All kindergarten, new first graders and third graders must have a dental exam completed for the school year.
• Physical Exams. All Kindergarten and new students to PA must have a physical exam completed for the school year.
• All Forms (medication, physical, dental) and medication information can be found on TESD's Student Health Services Page.