BES Staff / Teacher Profile:
Learn more about Mrs. Misty Pennewill
• Position: 3rd Grade Teacher
• Started at Beaumont: 1999
• Other Current BES Roles: 3rd Grade Facilitator, District Safety Committee, Language Arts Committee, School Climate Committee, Student Performance Committee, Technology Mentor
• Former BES Roles or at other schools/companies: District Science Committee
• Favorite BES Spirit Day: Pink Day, Comfy Cozy (Pajama) Day
• 3 Adjectives that Best Describe Her: Kind, Helpful, Organized
• Favorite Hobbies: Reading, watching her boys play sports
• Favorite Place to Visit: Disney World (at least twice each year)
• Fun Facts (2018): Played volleyball, basketball and softball throughout high school; graduated from Penn State University; has 2 sons, Joey (13, 7th Grade) and DJ (11, 5th Grade); Fleetwood Mac and Pink are her favorite artists; loves Broadway shows; a memorable story about her husband, Jim: He dressed up like Santa Claus and proposed to her in her classroom in front of her third grade students. She had NO IDEA it was him. She was told it was a special community activity that was being filmed, so she has it all on video. They will be married 15 years in March.
• Best thing about being a Teacher: Teaching is such a rewarding profession, and she can’t imagine doing anything else! Every day is something new. She loves seeing a student learn and grow throughout the year.