Notes from the School Nurses
• IMPORTANT! If your child will be attending school in person that day, please complete the online symptom screener prior to your child getting on the bus or arriving at school. The online screener is available on the PowerSchool Parent Portal (https://powerschool.tesd.net/public), then click the “TESD Check-In” link on the top left of the page.
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older receive a flu vaccine every year. Make time to get yours!
• All immunizations need to be up to date at the start of school.
• A doctor’s order must be written for each new school year for a student to receive prescription medication. Over the counter medication that is not included in our district standing orders requires a doctor’s order each new school year.
• All medications to be given at school must be:
a. Dropped off by parent/guardian, and
b. In original pharmacy container with a label indicating child’s name, physician name, drug, dose, directions for administration, date.
• Inhalers and epi pens are considered emergency medications. Therefore students may carry these medications with them if a physician’s request form is on file in the nurse’s office.
• Dental exams: The Public School Code of Pennsylvania requires all children in grades Kg, 3 & 7 to have a dental examination. Students new to Pennsylvania schools must have a dental exam if the student's record does not meet Pennsylvania requirements. Examinations completed by a family dentist within four months of the start date of the school year are accepted for the required proof.
• Physical Exams: Pennsylvania requires a complete physical examination upon entrance into school (kindergarten or first grade), and in grades six and eleven. Students new to Pennsylvania schools must have a physical exam if the student's record does not meet Pennsylvania requirements.
- Dental Form (Grades K, new 1st, and 3rd grades)
- Physical Form (Grades K, new 1st, grades 6 and 11)
Emergency Allergy Plan - for life-threatening allergies
Beaumont School Nurses
Ms. Diane Carlin, RN, CSN and Ms. Diane Hoey