Notes from the School Nurses
• Family Symptom Screening Checklist Reminder
Please review and be aware of the following symptom screening information. (Here is a direct link to the form on the TESD website. It is permanently located in the COVID-19 Resources section:
Please call our school nurse at 610-240-1400 if you have any questions.
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older receive a flu vaccine every year. Make time to get yours!
• All immunizations need to be up to date at the start of school.
• A doctor’s order must be written for each new school year for a student to receive prescription medication. Over the counter medication that is not included in our district standing orders requires a doctor’s order each new school year.
• All medications to be given at school must be:
a. Dropped off by parent/guardian, and
b. In original pharmacy container with a label indicating child’s name, physician name, drug, dose, directions for administration, date.
• Inhalers and EpiPens are considered emergency medications. Therefore students may carry these medications with them if a physician’s request form is on file in the nurse’s office.
• Dental exams: The Public School Code of Pennsylvania requires all children in grades Kg, 3 & 7 to have a dental examination. Students new to Pennsylvania schools must have a dental exam if the student's record does not meet Pennsylvania requirements. Examinations completed by a family dentist within twelve months of the start date of the school year are accepted for the required proof.
• Physical Exams: Pennsylvania requires a complete physical examination upon entrance into school (kindergarten or first grade), and in grades six and eleven. Students new to Pennsylvania schools must have a physical exam if the student's record does not meet Pennsylvania requirements.
- Dental Form (Grades K, new 1st, and 3rd grades)
- Physical Form (Grades K, new 1st, grades 6 and 11)
Emergency Allergy Plan - for life-threatening allergies
Beaumont School Nurses
Ms. Diane Carlin, RN, CSN and Ms. Diane Hoey